United States: Twilight
Nine questions for Twilight actor Erik Odom.
Interview with a Vampire
In The Twilight Saga, American actor Erik Odom plays the nomadic vampire Peter, best friend of Jasper Hale.
1. What attracted you to this role?
"I was thrilled to work with Bill Condon. He's brilliant and it was an amazing learning experience."
2. You’ve attended the Forever Twilight in Forks Festival a few times now. What is so special about the event?
"I was never a huge fan of the Twilight convention scene, but Forever Twilight in Forks is different, more personal. It's smaller and over the years I've come to know most of the festival goers."
3. What do you enjoy most about the festival?
"The place and the people. It's beautiful and everyone there is so kind."
4. Why do you think The Twilight Saga has so many fans?
"Stephenie Meyer (the book author) tapped into something elemental. It was a timeless love story geared towards an underserved audience. I think it will live on forever."
5. What was the coolest thing you did during filming?
"I've never done any stunt work with wires before. That was a blast."
6. What is your favourite Twilight location and why?
"This is blasphemy for me to say as a vampire, but my favorite Twilight location is La Push. It's truly stunning. I was born in the Pacific Northwest but moved away when I was young so it's a homecoming of sorts when I go back."
7. Which film location would you like to see featured on FilmQuest?
"Either Iceland (Game of Thrones), New Mexico (Breaking Bad), or Texas (Friday Night Lights) would be cool!"
8. What are you watching at the moment?
"Ozark. Can't wait for the new season next month."
9. What’s inspired you lately? (Blog, TED talk, book, TV show, etc.)
"Lately I've been listening to the music of Julia Kent. She's an unbelievable cellist and her music is intensely emotional. I love her work."