Restrictions on Use of the Platform
- You may not use the FilmQuest platform (or facilitate or support others to do so), or share any content that:
(a) Is in breach of these Terms
(b) Is unlawful, misleading, discriminatory or fraudulent. This will include any content that is defamatory, malicious or is hate speech.
(c) That infringes or violates someone else's rights, including their intellectual property rights.
- We retain the right to remove any content that is in violation of these Terms
Permission for FilmQuest to use your content
- Some content that you share or upload, such as photos or videos, may be protected by intellectual property.
- You give FilmQuest an undertaking that you are the true owner of the intellectual property (such as copyright or trademarks) in any content that you upload.
- These Terms do not take away from, or limit, the rights that you have to your content.
- You give FilmQuest permission to use the content that you upload. This permission is known as a 'licence'.
- You give FilmQuest a licence to use any content that you upload.
- Specifically, when you share, post or upload content you grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free and worldwide licence to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate and create derivative works of your content. This means, for example, that if you share a photo on FilmQuest, you give us permission to store, copy and share it on our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- We do not sell your personal data to advertisers and we do not share information that directly identifies you (such as your name, email address or other contact information) with third parties unless you give us specific permission.
Limitation of Liability
- We do not control or direct what users of FilmQuest do or say, and we are not responsible for their actions or conduct (whether online or offline) or any content that they share (including offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful and other objectionable content).
- Our liability is limited to the fullest extent permitted by the applicable law, and under no circumstances will FilmQuest be liable to you for any lost profits, revenues, information or data, or consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive or incidental damages arising out of or related to these Terms.
Proceeding amounts to acceptance of the Terms